Whilst Ba Zi divination is looking at karmic cycles in time, Feng Shui is a system of divination which looks at space too. We do this to see how a given building or location affects the consciousness and physiology of any given individual.
“Feng Shui can be defined as the cause and effect of energies within the environment”
~ Master Angela Ang
At it’s highest level, our soul guides us to places where certain events can manifest. This karma. Looking at our Feng Shui can help us to see if these are likely to be enduring or just a phase. We can also go a little further and see if the bad can be minimised or sidestepped or if needs to be faced and transcended.
This is something a little difficult for the newcomer to understand. Common thinking is that if something bad is likely to happen, let’s say a job loss or redundancy, then it’s always best to try and do everything possible to avoid this.
This is not always what the soul wishes. In fact it may not even be what is for the best. His Holiness The Dalai Lama once said “Sometimes not getting what you want is the best thing,” and it’s true that sometimes we have to lose something in order for something better to come along.
More fundamentally, our soul is looking to reach it’s destiny. To do this, it has to expend all it’s coarse karma before it can reach it’s highest purpose. This karma is there for a reason. There is a lesson within it you need to understand so that you can let this cycle of behaviour go.
It could be:
- Undergoing a health challenge so we learn more humility and to value our health more
- Having a difficult phase in a relationship or a break up so that we can learn how we affect others
- Facing financial troubles so that we confront our own sense of self worth
- Or any of countless other life lessons…
As Feng Shui consultants, we’ve seen clients who move from one house to another, always chosing a house with the same features for a certain type of thing to unfold there. This is when a really skilled Feng Shui Master can help, since it’s a clear sign that there are some things that are meant to happen to us. Some of these things may not be pleasant but they may be the very experience we need to forge us into something greater. A Feng Shui consultant who only looks at the basic mundane level will try to keep making the client avoid anything bad instead of trying to help them make sense of the meaning of their life.
In an nutshell Feng Shui can:
- Help you understand what you need to pay attention to within your mindstream in order to achieve your goals in life
- Reduce the amount of turbulence you go through in daily life and help you make greater meaning of the problems you cannot sidestep altogether
- Provide you with a number of steps you can take to gain greater control in your life
Feng Shui is not:
- A type of magic that can grant any wish
- The same for everyone